1. Download the 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner app here.
2. If you were given a redeem code, you can redeem it by going to the App Store on your iOS device, then pressing the Profile icon on the top-right, and then pressing Redeem Gift Card or Code.
3. The fastest way to find your local feeds is by pressing “Local Scanner Feeds” and then allowing app the access your location. If you denied access, you can always reenable access by going to the Settings app on your device, and then press Privacy and then press Location Services and then press 5-0 Radio Pro and then select While Using the App.
4. Once you select a feed, you can start recording the audio by pressing the “More” tab, and then pressing the “Circle” icon on the bottom-right.
5. Pressing Record will start the recording. It should say “Recording” in red under the feed name if it is currently recording. To save the recording, press Save. To cancel, press Cancel. If you don’t fill in the Recording Name field, it’ll automatically record the date/time and feed name as the recording’s name.
6. To play a recording, select the recording and press “Play recording”. To email it, press “Share by Email”. If you can also enable the “Autorecord On” feature that will automatically start recording the audio as soon as you start listening to a feed. It is recommended that you do so as it is not on by default if you plan on listening to past recordings. You only need to turn it on once.
7. If, for example, you want the app to repeat the last 15 seconds of what you heard, then you should press the Save button to save your recording (you should always be recording if you have “Autorecord” turned on). Then press the recording name. Then press “Play recording” and when the record audio player opens on the bottom, scroll to the very end of the audio, and then press the Rewind 15 seconds button on the left of the record audio player.
8. Now press the + button on the top-right. From here, you can add this feed to your favorites by pressing “Add to Favorites”. If you press “Share Station Info”, you can email yourself a link to the station. With that unique link, you can open the audio from any web browser on any device with a web browser. This is also the way to listen to multiple feeds at the same time, since the iOS devices are only allowed to have one audio source at a time. If you press the Settings button here, you can also access the app’s settings. Let’s do that now.
9. Under the "Auto Open" section from the settings page, you can have the app automatically go to a certain feed or page when you open the app. Which one you choose depends on your preference.